Grand update for Auto Add Promo Items: get holiday-ready
As the holiday season is approaching, we updated the extension that lets you add promo items to cart automatically. The update includes features which will give you more opportunities for deals and informing customers about them.
A quick list of new features
1. Before the update Auto Add Promo Items only added free items to cart. Now you can auto add products with discounts as well. Set a fixed or a percent discount for promo items.
2. Show the original and the discounted price in the popup where a customer chooses the deal product. This feature clearly shows the profit and convinces the customer to add the promo item to cart as well.
3. Show the discount in the cart to emphasize the price difference even more.
4. Display banners on product pages and inform customers about promotions that are attached to the particular products. Banners are managed by shopping cart price rules, so you can show them on chosen products or on products that match your conditions. You can also control the position of the banner.
5. Show promo items images on product page, plus a description appears when you hover the images.
6. Make use of promo labels on product images to inform customers about the deals.
7. Show promo text on the product page as an additional tool to boost the deal. As with banners, the text can be placed on various positions and is controlled by Magento rules so it appears only on products you need.
As before, Magento Auto Add Promo Items is fully compatible with responsive themes and one step checkout, works with taxes and promo codes.
How to get the updates?
You can easily download the updated extensions in your account.
If you have any questions regarding module updates, please submit a ticket here, and we’ll quickly help you out.